[Numpy-discussion] Re: ndarray.fill and ma.array.filled

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Fri Apr 7 10:26:06 EDT 2006

I am posting a reply to my own post in a hope to generate some discussion of
the original proposal.

I am proposing to add a "filled" method to ndarray.  This can be a
pass-through, an alias to "copy" or a method to replace nans or some other
type-specific values.  This will allow code that uses "filled" work on
ndarrays without changes.