[Numpy-discussion] numarray speed problem

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Tue Sep 20 10:17:18 EDT 2005

Hi H,

I did some work on this problem based on your previous post but
apparently my response never made it to numpy-discussion.  In a
nutshell,  I made numarray 12x faster for a benchmark like your
numarray_pb_sample.py by speeding up string comparisons and improving
all().  The changes are in numarray CVS but there is no Source Forge
release that contains them yet.   numarray-1.4.0 is still several weeks
away.   If you want to try CVS from UNIX/Linux just do:

% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/numpy login
% cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/numpy co -P
numarray

Regards,