[Numpy-discussion] subclassing RecordArrays

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Tue Jul 5 11:31:03 EDT 2005

A Tuesday 05 July 2005 19:35, Les Schaffer va escriure:
> there is no way to tell fromXXXX to use my new class. one would need
> something like:

I see. Yep, you are right.

[snip...]
> THEN i could use my MyRecArrayWithDict class to my hearts content.

Yes. We encountered similar problems to this that you reported in a
subclass of RecArray to support nested columns. We finally ended
implementing specific versions of array() and fromarray() factories.

Sorry, as I was not the main author of the module, I did not remember
that issue.

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"