[Numpy-discussion] Speeding up numarray -- questions on its design

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 18 09:49:38 EST 2005

Hi all,

This discussion has brought up a question I have had for a while:

Can anyone provide a one-paragraph description of what numarray does
that gives it better large-array performance than Numeric?

By the way, For what it's worth, what's kept me from switching is the
small array  performance, and/or the array-creation performance. I don't
use very large arrays, but I do use small ones all the time.

thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov