[Numpy-discussion] A request for new distributions

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Jan 7 13:26:02 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Jack Jansen wrote:

> > The alternative would be to add autoconf-like capabilities to the
> > setup script such that it could determine if the libraries were in the
> > default places (and valid!), then fall back to the lite versions if
> > not.
>
> Ah, I see. So the problem is really that the library detection code
> hasn't been written.

FYI, scipy_distutils has rather general lapack/blas/atlas detection code
facilities. It first looks for atlas/lapack libraries, then for
blas/lapack libraries, and finally for blas/lapack Fortran sources that
scipy_distutils would compile behind the scenes.
See scipy_distutils/system_info.py and
scipy/Lib/lib/lapack/setup_lapack.py for more information.

Pearu