[Numpy-discussion] NumPy on 64-bit Linux (Opteron)

Bruce Southey southey at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 8 07:07:11 EST 2005

Hi,
Yes (Python 2.3.3 [GCC 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)]) with Numeric 23.7 (clean install).

It is to do with the function:
extern PyObject * PyArray_Reshape(PyArrayObject *self, PyObject *shape)

the variable s_known is not being assigned correctly (gets set to zero). I
think that stems from this call that doesn't set the dimensions correctly:

PyArray_As1D(&shape, (char **)&dimensions, &n, PyArray_LONG)

dimensions in the second loop has value 0.

Regards
Bruce