[Numpy-discussion] ieeespecial

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 10 18:08:10 EDT 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 08:29 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 15:47, Darren Dale wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am getting invalid numeric result exceptions when dividing a complex
> > array by zero. Is this the desired behavior?
>
> This is what I would have expected,  and examining the definition I have
> for complex division in numarray/Include/numarray/numcomplex.h,  I don't
> see a problem.   The definition should probably be checked by an extra
> set of eyes.  Looks OK to me.

Hi Todd,

Sorry, I wasnt clear. I was wondering if it should raise a divide by zero
exception and return an inf, as the real datatypes do, instead of an invalid
numeric result and a nan.  As it stands now, we have to handle divide by zero
differently for different data types, if we need to filter/replace such
values.

Thanks,
Darren