[Numpy-discussion] How to read data from text files fast?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 8 12:41:06 EDT 2004

Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu wrote:
\> Just a quick note Travis sent to me privately: he suggested using
> io.numpyio.fread instead of Numeric.fromstring() for speed reasons.  I don't
> know if it will help in your case, I just mention it in case it helps.

Thanks, but those are for binary files, which I have to do sometimes, so
I'll keep it in mind. However, my problem at hand is text files, and my
solution is working nicely, though I'd love a pair of more experienced
eyes on the code....

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov