[Numpy-discussion] Cygwin compilation

Jochen Küpper jochen at jochen-kuepper.de
Fri Sep 26 14:24:03 EDT 2003

I just compiled/installed numarray-0.7 on (latest) Cygwin.

_ufunc.dll needs to be linked against /usr/lib/libmingwex.a. Doing
that manually seems to work fine. Adding it to the setup files is not
as simple, as libnumarray.dll does not link any more as some wrong
functions seem to be picked up from the MINGW library as well (and the
pow cannot be resolved. Explicitely adding -lm does not help).

How is this planned to work. Where needs the sequence
"-L/usr/lib/mingw -lmingwex" be put?

Is it save to use this mingw library in "normal" Cygwin programs?

Same happens with cvs HEAD.

Moreover I have the follwoing test error:
,----
| Failure in example: log10([1+1j])
| from line #2267 of numarray.numtest
| Expected: array([ 0.150515+0.34109409j])
| Got: array([ 0.150515+5.21807245j])
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)