[Numpy-discussion] Numeric odd tostring() behaviour

Russell Valentine russ at coldstonelabs.org
Mon Oct 20 22:30:03 EDT 2003

Hello,

   It may be my fault, but I think the following behaviour is odd. If I
try to change a array to a string it seems like it adds a lot of extra
zero characters. Take the following script attached as a example, it gives
me this output.

ta.tostring is not equal
Zero characters - 25
255 characters - 3
tast is equal
Zero characters - 4
255 characters - 3

tostring() is so much more faster than the second way, but it isn't giving
me the desired results. Have I done something wrong? I'm using Numeric
23.1

Thanks for your help.

Russell Valentine