A couple of questions on Pyrex

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Feb 12 01:23:01 EST 2003

> numbuf =3D data[2:30:4][1]
>
> in order to get a copy (in a new memory location) of the memory buffer =
in
> the selected slice to work with it. Would that be interesting to
> implement?.

It's an interesting idea, but I think it's getting somewhat beyond
the scope of Pyrex. I don't think I'll be trying to implement
anything like that in the foreseeable future. The Pyrex compiler
is complicated enough already, and I don't want to add anything
more that isn't really necessary.

> Is (or will be) there any way in Pyrex to automagically create diferent
> flavors of this function to deal with different datatypes?

Same here, and even more so -- I'm *definitely* not going to
re-implement C++ templates! :-)

Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept, +-------------------------------------=
-+
University of Canterbury,=09   | A citizen of NewZealandCorp, a=09  |
Christchurch, New Zealand=09   | wholly-owned subsidiary of USA Inc.  |
greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz=09   +--------------------------------------+