[Numpy-discussion] bug?

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Mon Aug 18 06:59:02 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 08:31, Peter Verveer wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> Yes its the same bug, next time I will check the bug tracker before sounding
> the alarm...
>
> BTW what is the preferred way of submitting a bug? Through the sourceforge
> page, or the mailing list?

It actually took me a few minutes to sort this question out.   The
tracker is definitely *easier* for me,  but that's not a good
discriminator.  More importantly,  if you use the tracker,  the bug
report won't get *lost*,  and thus the chances are improved that the
problem will actually get fixed.

For more serious stuff (like the astype() slicing bug),  it's good to
post to numpy-discussion-list also.

Thanks again for the report,
Todd

--