[Numpy-discussion] RE: memory-mapped Numeric arrays: arrayfrombuffer version 2

Paul F. Dubois dubois1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jan 25 09:44:04 EST 2002

I have verified that this package seems to work on Windows. I says seems
only because I didn't try enough to uncover anything subtle.

Unless or until we are convinced as a community that this is (a) the
right way to do this and (b) that the package is portable, it would not
be wise to put it in the main distribution.

I would like to hear from the community about this so that I will know
whether or not to add this package as a separate SourceForge 'package'
within the Numerical Python area. Meantime I will add a link to the web
page.