[Numpy-discussion] Compiling from CVS?

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Mon Dec 30 09:01:07 EST 2002

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

>I guess I'm just missing something obvious here: How do I compile
>numarray from the cvs dist? It seems like files such as numconfig.h

Not really.  People have asked for modifications to setup.py to support
a two step build/install process.  CVS has the first cut,  which works,
but is harder to use than it has to be.

>etc. are missing -- it seems to have been generated by setup.py in the
>normal distributions, but I'm not sure how to do that... I just
>expected "python setup.py build" to work :]

Try:

python setup.py build --gencode
python setup.py install

for now.   I plan to revisit this later and eliminate the need for the
switch.

Todd