[Numpy-discussion] Re: Problem running Numeric-20.1 installer on NT4,SP3

Charles L. Bowman, Ph.D. bowman at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 18 18:34:10 EDT 2001

Hello,

 I have python2.1.1c1 in I:\python21. It's up and running OK.  I
downloaded Numeric-20.1.0.win32-py2.1.exe, placed it in I:\python21,
opened up a DOS window and ran the installer. The desktop flickered
*very* briefly. Import Numeric returns "No module named Numeric". I
cannot find any files named numeric.py.

 Does the installer assume python2.1 is in C:\python21? If so, how can I
pass the correct drive information to the installer?

Thanks for your help.

Charles Bowman