[Numpy-discussion] Re: [Distutils] Installers for Numeric

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Mon Apr 23 14:14:04 EDT 2001

> Eeek. It does work for me. I just wasn't doing it right. Being a stupid Unix
> hacker I was trying to execute a file in Python 2.1 that said
> RemoveMA-8.6.exe. I should have realized that would not remove MA-8.6. (:->

It's not that easy on windows: The days where you would simply start a program
to do something are long gone ;-).

I assume you got a message-box, saying something like
'This program is normally run by windows', which seems not to
be very good. Probably it should say:
'To remove the MA-8.6 package, please use Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs'
or something like that.

Thomas