[Numpy-discussion] del( distutils )

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Tue Mar 28 13:35:22 EST 2000

> Hmm, I'd hate to hear the impolite form!  ;-)

isn't it nice when cranky-heads are dealt with politely?

;-)

> Just do M-x compile and set the compilation command to "python
> setup.py build", then you can click on the errors.

ahhhh... hadnt thought of that. thanks....

here is a one line fix to build_ext.py in the distutils distribution
that switches the order of the includes, so that -IInclude comes
before -I/usr/lib/python1.5 in the build process, so API changes in
the .h files don't hose the build before the install.

les schaffer

(gustav)/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/distutils/command/: diff -c build_ext.py~ build_ext.py
*** build_ext.py~       Sun Jan 30 13:34:12 2000
--- build_ext.py        Tue Mar 28 13:30:03 2000
***************
*** 99,105 ****
              self.include_dirs = string.split (self.include_dirs,
                                                os.pathsep)

!         self.include_dirs.insert (0, py_include)
          if exec_py_include != py_include:
              self.include_dirs.insert (0, exec_py_include)

--- 99,105 ----
              self.include_dirs = string.split (self.include_dirs,
                                                os.pathsep)

!         self.include_dirs.append(py_include)