[Neuroimaging] JSON-LD and DICOM?

alexsavio at gmail.com alexsavio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:54:09 EDT 2017

This improvement of NifTI metadata for neuroimaging is a nice idea. I
wonder why this has not happened before.
When I was working with PET images from Siemens I had to hack into this CSA
headers to obtain some parameters which then had to go together with the
NifTI files everywhere. Working with DICOM is the clinical way to go and
report, but for research it's a pain in the ass, also when working with
different vendors.

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 16:16 Matthew Brett, <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Steve Pieper <pieper at isomics.com> wrote:
> > To avoid repetition, I'll just point to my comments 3 years ago on this
> > topic [1].  Since then we've continued to work on DICOM in research
> contexts
> > [2] and we still think it's a neat idea.  The software is coming along
> > nicely too [3].
>
> I am sure there's a place for sticking entirely to DICOM, but, as you
> know, nearly all standard imaging software reads and writes NIfTI, for
> preference, and often only writes NIfTI.  So, a solution that works
> with NIfTI is a lot closer to hand than switching to using DICOM at
> all stages of processing.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

Sent from my phone, sorry for brevity or typos.