[Neuroimaging] [Dipy] discrepancies of SH coeffs with MRtrix

Samuel St-Jean stjeansam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:42:33 EDT 2016

Regarding that last comment, it is unfortunately unrealistic to get
*exactly* the same result form two different software in general, but for
this specific case there is a difference in the implementation from mrtrix
and dipy (and everything else they use under the hood of course).

For the recursive calibration computation, the one in mrtrix is differently
implemented from Chantal Tax's original paper (they mention the differences
and why here [1] in the relevant section) and the one in dipy was made by
Chantal herself, so it should fit the theoretical description and the
implementation used in explore dti (which I assume is also made by Chantal).

[1]
http://mrtrix.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/response_function_estimation.html