[Neuroimaging] [GSoC-general] GSOC 2016 - Develop a new DIPY website

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:50:23 EST 2016

Hi Dileep,

Welcome! Thanks for getting in touch. The best way to get acquainted with
the project and its goals by looking at the current website and the
examples therein (http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_index.html). A good way to
get acquainted with our development process is to read the developer
documentation: http://nipy.org/dipy/devel/gitwash/index.html. Once you've
read that (and the guidelines for contributing:
https://github.com/nipy/dipy/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md), a good way to
start getting involved is to choose one of the issues on our github issues
page (https://github.com/nipy/dipy/issues), and trying to address it
through a pull request. There are quite a few labeled "beginner-friendly"
(many to do with formatting of some of the older parts of our code-base),
so these should be a good place to start.

Let us know (here, or on the gitter channel: https://gitter.im/nipy/dipy),
as questions come up for you.

Cheers,

Ariel