[Neuroimaging] parallel computation of bundle_distances_mam/mdf ?

Eleftherios Garyfallidis elef at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 13 17:17:24 EST 2016

Hi Emanuele,

Here is an example of how we calculated the distance matrix in parallel
(for the MDF) using OpenMP
https://github.com/nipy/dipy/blob/master/dipy/align/bundlemin.pyx

You can just add another function that does the same using mam. It should
be really easy to implement as we have
already done it for the MDF for speeding up SLR.

Then we need to update the bundle_distances* functions to use the parallel
versions.

I'll be happy to help you with this. Let's try to schedule some time to
look at this together.

Best regards,
Eleftherios