[Neuroimaging] [DIPY] Comparing DIPY tensor fitting and other tools

Tony Jiang TJiang at kesslerfoundation.org
Wed Nov 18 12:38:47 EST 2015

Dear All,
A quick question about the fa maps created by DIPY (tensor model). I have a 64 direction DWI dataset and I processed this data using Diffusion Toolkit(DTK), FSL Diffusion toolbox (FDT) and DIPY. I used same gradient information and same masks for each tool. FDT and DTIK give me identical maps (except slight difference when these two apply the mask. I see some voxels having FA>1 on FDT result). DIPY gives a map very similar FA map compared to the other two FA maps I have.  Shouldn’t I get an exactly same map (within rounding error maybe). Anyone has similar experience? I have attached the screenshot showing the values read from 3 different FA maps.
The three maps do seem similar overall.
Any inputs?
Thanks,
Tony
[cid:894C9E85-3899-4E1F-BC75-380F4EB56A4B]

The information in this transmission is intended for official use of the Kessler Foundation.  It is intended for the exclusive use of the persons or entities to which it is addressed.  If you are not an intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this transmission to an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the material from any computer.