[PyDelhi] Introduction and involvement

Vishesh Mangla manglavishesh64 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 08:26:35 EST 2018

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Hello,
My name is Vishesh Mangla, currently studying at Bits Pilani Msc Chemistry+Chemical Eng. Not interested in any of these but just taken for the sake of college now I don’t feel too much fun in these  and find ways to do what I ‘m actually interested at i.e., maths and computer science(very much fond of maths).Currently I know python. Previously I have used C++.I have solved around 120 questions on project Euler and that was what taught me more use of tools,modules and various features of python. C++ was what I did in class 12 as a part of school curriculum but that was oldstyle c++ with no std::namespae(whatever version it is).I have put my hands on ML, Django, Web Dev too. Unlike python there wasn’t anything(like project Euler )that could teach me more of Web Dev and ML(I only saw tutorials ,repeated that stuff obviously it’s no comparison to what it required to solve those problems searching Wikipedia knowing about python, what a thing returns or modifies etc.) .

Well currently I ‘m aiming to clear Gsoc(so that at the end of 5 years I have something to show to the companies that come as open for anyone) and I’m interested in open-source development .Tring to fix my first bug I went to the scipy’s issues page since that seemed closest to a technology that I have used.It was on some extrapolate bug. I tried to load it in my Python idle but it didn’t work(showed some fitpack error).I don’t know how I can get help regarding this and at least get a change to participate in Gscoc.So,please help me out ,someone.