[PyDelhi] PyDelhi Meetup 13th May 2017

Shashank Kumar shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:47:01 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

PyDelhi is conducting its next meetup on 13th May 2017 at Ramanujan (old
Deshbandhu) College Kalkaji New Delhi 19 [1].
For this meetup we have both our speaker flying in from outside of Delhi.
We invite you all to be a part of our next meetup.

Schedule:
12:00 - 12:30 PM -  Introductions
12:30 - 1:30PM -  Coccinelle is a program matching and transformation tool
which provides the language SmPL (Semantic Patch Language) for specifying
desired matches and transformations in C code by Vaishali Thakkar [2].
The talk will highlight  the capabilities and limitations
of Coccinelle, introduce various basic features of the
SmPL, show how it can be extended with reporting facilities and static
analysis prototyping capabilities using Python.
1:30 - 2:30PM -  Chai & Samosa
2:30 - 3:30PM -  A python developers perspective on Go Lang By Amit Singh
Sethi [3].
2:30 -3:30PM -  Python in Robotics & AI a open ended discussion.
3:30 - 4:00PM -  Hiring/ Pitching sessions
4:00- 5:00PM -  Volunteer session for PyCon India

Speakers:
[2] Vaishali Thakkar is working as a Linux Kernel engineer at Oracle.
She works on memory management and security related parts of the kernel.
She often uses Coccinelle to find/fix bugs in the kernel and have
previously worked as an Outreachy intern on project Coccinelle. Her area of
interest includes embedded systems, operating systems,
security and computer architecture.
[3] Amit is CTO at E2E Networks, a dev ops expert that uses Python and GO
Lang.

Venue:
[1] Ramanujan (old Deshbandhu) College Kalkaji New Delhi 19 (
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Kalkaji%2C+Near+Deshbandhu+College%2C+New+Delhi%2C+Delhi+110019%2C+Delhi%2C+in
)

Regards,
Shashank Kumar