[PyDelhi] procuring video equipment for recording talks

Ankur Gupta ankur0493 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:51:32 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM, qua non <akshayaurora at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ok, folks here is the current state of voting [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> If you plan to put your opinion in please vote
>>

> The survey is very misleading. You are suggesting as if the community
> can't grow without the video equipment, as if it is the only blocker right
> now.

The survey indeed was misleading. Options should have been worded simply
like 'Yes, should buy own recording equipment' and 'No, do not buy any
equipment'

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Saurabh Kumar <thes.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Going progressively screen recording + audio is a much better approach
> to go for. For audio, inbuilt mic doesn't work well so I would suggest
> we purchase a hands-free Bluetooth Mic.
>
> Next step, I would combine the screen-recording with a webcam input
> wherever possible. An external webcam would be a plus as it will allow
> the presenter to move across the stage. No DSLR is needed here.

+1. If the only objective of the videos is to make them available for
people who couldn't attend the meetup, a screen feed + audio should be
enough. Video recording doesn't seem to have any added advantages.

--
Best Regards,
Ankur Gupta