[PyDelhi] Research for submitting proposal for next Pycon India.

Vinay Dahiya vinay.not.nice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:11:25 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

Was away from all the action for quite some time. Took a much need
vacation and now i feel i am ready to jump in for the hard work again.

So I started looking out for venues initially when the discussion for
hosting the "Pydelhi Conference" was going around. Now i would like to
point out the rather then going to a venue most of the information can
be collected from the internet or just by calling the venue. All of
the venues have detailed informations available to the facilities and
booking procedures etc.

As mentioned by Gora about JNU Conference facilities they are also
available for hire just like the Siri fort, IHC, etc. So we can take
it into account that hiring any other facility would be far more
effort that taking into consideration JNU for the mere fact that there
is a considerable volunteer strength that will be available from the
campus itself if we hire the conference facilities.

Here are links to the various options that i have looked into along with JNU.
1. Siri Fort Audi : http://www.dff.nic.in/sirifortbooking.asp
2. IHC http://www.habitatworld.com/con-audi.php,
http://www.indiahabitat.org/page?view=facilities
3. IIC http://www.iicdelhi.nic.in/User_Panel/UserView.aspx?TypeID=1156
4. JNU http://www.jnu.ac.in/Facilities/ConventionCentre.asp
5. Epicenter, Gurgaon http://epicentre.co.in/convention_details.php

The cost of hiring with full a.v facilities for a full day event will
be somewhere around 60k-1L depending upon what all we want to leverage
from the venue.

@Gora the discussion about hosting a Pycon have been going around
every since there was a mail sent out on the pycon india mailing list
about the fact that bangalore people are looking for people to come
forward and take the responsibility of hosting the event. There have
been a lot of discussion among the community regarding the "Pydelhi
Conference". For the very same fact we have been hosting the thursday
calls and volunteer discussions after every meetup that have happened
in the past few months.

@amit @akshay @gora Are we not already meeting on the next meetup
scheduled on 17th of this month.

--