[Ncr-Python.in] PyCon 2016 - Delhi

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:28:34 CEST 2015

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but like I said, PyCon India is
something in which multiple are interested so I don't think it's
unilaterally possible to just "decide" that it should be in Delhi (or
anywhere else). If there's a lot of work done which is all wasted
because of some snag, it would be a pity.

What would be a good idea, as I've mentioned, is to organise a smaller
conference (preferably before PyCon India 2015) and run it so that all
the pieces are in place. After that, making a pitch at Bangalore would
be a lot more solid.

The upshot is that, please don't focus your efforts (yet) on PyCon India
2016 but on a local event for now. PyCon India 2016 can be a long term
aim.

On Thu, May 28 2015, Saurabh Kumar wrote:

>> People interested in voluntering for PyconIndia2016 - Delhi Edition,
>> kindly take some time out and fillout your details.
>> http://goo.gl/forms/g5Pzhec5W2
>> Also, please share the link to the form with people you know would be
>> interested.
>

> ​Thanks everyone for taking out your time and filling up the form and/or
> helping spread the word.
>
> We have received initial list of 28 awesome volunteers. Please fill-out the
> form if you have missed out.
>
> The next goal is to setup a meet-up (either in physical world or hangout)
> to plan out:
> - milestones
> - timelines
> - teams
> - responsibilities
> - resource management
>
> All the volunteers who have opted-in, shall get an email very soon for the
> same.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ​--​
> *​*Saurabh Kumar