[PyDelhi] [Report] Meetup on 25 July 2015

Anuvrat Parashar anuvrat at anuvrat.in
Wed Jul 29 16:04:48 CEST 2015

Namaste

PyDelhi had yet another successful meetup attended ~50 budding as well as
practicing pythonistas.

We continued the python-basics workshop and covered iterators and
data-structures
in detail. We also touched upon the basics of classes and object oriented
programming in python.

The workshop was followed by a well recieved talk on "prospector" by
Anurag Sharma (@anurag89sharma). Video link for the same shall soon be
available
on our youtube channel http://bit.ly/pydelhi-youtube .

Thereafter, Akshay (@qua-non) inspired everyone with his demo-driven
"not-so-short" flash talk on touch programming with Kivy and TIUI.

During the open-house,
    - Aditya Menon requested people to contact him for exciting freelance
work.

    - Amit Sethi announced that http://siminars.com is hiring python
programmers for
        working on their tornado based web-application.

    - Akshay encouraged the audience for contributing to Kivy via
http://translation.kivy.org/

    - Ajoy Oomen asked python programmers with 2+ yrs of experience
        to apply at NoranSoft.

    - PyDelhi implored the audience to contribute in its various endeavors.

Hope to see you guys in the next meetup which is at AntiSocial, Hauz Khas
on 8 Aug 2015.
Keep an eye on our meetup.com page or pydelhi.org homepage for more
details.

Cheers,
Anuvrat