[PyDelhi] [report] 11 July Meetup

Anuvrat Parashar anuvrat at anuvrat.in
Tue Jul 14 07:28:07 CEST 2015

Namaskar

We had our first meetup with a workshop + talk combo on this Saturday, the
11th of July 2015.
~ 30 people made it to Sarai on Rajpur Road despite heavy rains and water
logging throughout the city.

We started with the workshop on python by 3 pm. Saurabh (@_theskumar)
introduced the attendees which primarily consisted of students JIIT, JSS
Noida etc to python and covered the concepts of whitespaces, arithmetics,
string operations and funcitons in the subsequent hour.

We broke for supper at 4 and munched on Chinese cuisine ordered from a
dhaba nearby.
At half past 4, the meetup in its conventional sense resumed with a talk on
"Testing with Python 101" by Saurabh Kumar again. The talk was followed up
by a general discussion centered on feedback and suggestions. By six
O'clock we were on our way.

On the whole a successful meetup.

PS:
The video of the talk shall be available on our youtube channel shortly -
coutesy Vinay Dahiya.
Pictures are available at http://www.meetup.com/pydelhi/photos/26258870/
The next workshop, shall continue from where we left and cover data
structures, conditional statements and iterations.

--
Anuvrat Parashar <http://anuvrat.in>
http://anuvrat.in