[Ncr-Python.in] [ilugd] Django mptt help

Raakesh kumar kumar3180 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 09:05:23 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:

> On 13 June 2013 16:49, Raakesh kumar <kumar3180 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am using Django mptt library for tree traversal of mysql data and i am
> > trying to modify the data before i display it in template. Actually in my
> > mysql rows i am inserting few comma separated user ids but i want them to
> > change this part of tree and replace them with the user name.
> > I tried to fetch the tree and loop through it and get corresponding user
> > ids from database and again assigned them to the variable. When i tried
> > print them on console it was working fine but in template it's showing
> the
> > database values. If someone could help me to solve it?
>
> This description makes little sense, at least not to me.
> Please ask a more specific question, and show us
> some code.
>
> Regards,
> Gora

Ok,
Let me put it in this way:
1 - My table "works" has a column "invities", and this column stores
user_id1,user_id2 type of data. Which means these users are the member for
this particular row data.
2 -  And following code is used to view the tree::
def view(request, id):
    try:
        ideas = Works.objects.filter(tree_id=id).filter(is_deleted=False)
        # Following Code is to fetch user details and replace their ids
with name
        for i in range(len(ideas)):
            invities = ''
            members = ideas[i].invities
            members = members.split(',')
            for member in members:
                try:
                    member_detail = User.objects.get(email = member)
                    member_name = member_detail.full_name
                except User.DoesNotExist:
                    member_name = member
                invities = invities + member_name + ','

            ideas[i].invities = invities

    except Idea.DoesNotExist:
        raise Http404
    return render_to_response(
        'idea/view.html',
        {'nodes': ideas},
        context_instance=RequestContext(request)
            )

3 - The problem in this code is, when i display idea.invities here, it
works fine but in templates it doesn't show the names but email ids.
4 - Following is the code in template:

{% load mptt_tags %}
{% recursetree nodes %}
    Member(s): {{node.invities}}
    {% if not node.is_leaf_node %}
            {{ children }}

    {% endif %}
{% endrecursetree %}

Now here i want those name to be displayed.
--
Regards
RAKESH KUMAR