[moin-user] Coding of attachment file names

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Mon Aug 8 10:53:14 EDT 2022

Am Montag, dem 08.08.2022 um 16:13 +0200 schrieb Volker Wysk:
> Hi
>
> Sometimes I have an attachment file name with a quote in it. This quote gets
> replaced by an underscore when the attachment is uploaded. I can still refer
> the attachment with the quote(s), but the attachment is saved to disk with
> underscores instead of quotes. (Why?)
>
> I guess this doesn't affect just quotes, but some more characters. I need to
> know which characters are replaced, and how the attachment file name on disk
> occurs.

Now I've created a sample file with this name:

It gets saved as an attachment with this name:

!_22§$_&()=__22_;äöü

So there is some recoding of the file name taking place. Which? What get's
done to the file name?

I guess I will have to read the source code. Where should I start?

And I don't know any python...

Bye,
Volker