[moin-user] moin2 on pythonanywhere

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Sun Feb 9 11:53:55 EST 2020

Hello Renato,

Am Sun, 9 Feb 2020 11:57:12 +0100
schrieb Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice at gmail.com>:

> for me, this is incomprehensible
>
> LICENSE.txt  README.rst activate  docs  m-docs.txt    m-new-wiki.txt      moin.spec requirements.d  setup.cfg  src      wiki_local
> 10:42 ~/moin (master)$ pip install werkzeug==0.16.1

are you sure, that a virtualenv is active in this shell session?
The error message further below in your log indicates, that "pip" wants to
install the new package into the system-wide directory (/usr/lib/....).
Instead you probably want to create a virtualenv and install packages inside
this separate environment (not system-wide).

Besides this: your output looked like you are using python2 at this moment.
Probably this is related to the missing virtualenv. The virtualenv should be
created with python3. Then everything should work as expected.

I do not know, which guide or documentation you are following - thus I cannot
tell, were you went off the track ...

Cheers,
Lars