[moin-user] Error creating page on MoinMo.in

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Dec 10 18:19:52 EST 2019

On Monday 9. December 2019 18.32.51 Renato Pontefice wrote:
> First of all: if this is not the moin.user making list, don’t read the
> message and please tell me the right address. Otherwise…
> I still have problem trying to create a page on MoinMoin.
> This Time, I’ve tried to MoinMo.in <http://moinmo.in/> page.
> -I’ve an account on it
> - I’ve logged in
> - tried to write a stupid URL https://moinmo.in/Rop <https://moinmo.in/Rop>
> - clicked on Create new empty page
> <https://moinmo.in/action/edit/Rop?action=edit> -and, I've still received
> the same error message:
> 	"Non è consentito modificare questa pagina.” That mean: "This page cannot
> be modified.”

The reason that applies to the moinmo.in site is that you are not part of the
"trusted editors" group on that site:

https://moinmo.in/TrustedEditorGroup

In the configuration of that wiki, I imagine that there is a rule like this:

acl_rights_before = "TrustedEditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read"

Or there may be an acl_rights_default rule instead. These rules prevent other
people ("All") from creating new pages.

If you were added to the TrustedEditorGroup page, you might then be able to
add new pages.

> So:
> -I’m in MoinMo.in <http://moinmo.in/> instance (I mean not in my instance
> rp4.pythoanywhere.com <http://rp4.pythoanywhere.com/>) - all the messages
> are in English, why this error is in Italian?

Probably because your browser preferences have Italian as the default
language. The user preferences in MoinMoin do not seem to have a language
setting, so I don't think it is a Moin setting that decides the language.

Meanwhile, on your own wiki, you haven't performed the language setup:

https://rp4.pythonanywhere.com/

So you will most likely see English pages until you install page packages:

https://rp4.pythonanywhere.com/LanguageSetup?action=language_setup

Since you seem to be superuser, this should be possible if you log in and
follow the last link above. (Or just go to your wiki and follow the link
entitled "install help and system page packages" under "Installing page
packages".)

Paul