[moin-user] python and python2.7

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Mon Oct 29 19:57:15 EDT 2018

Hello Volker,

Am Thu, 25 Oct 2018 20:04:24 +0200
schrieb Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de>:

> Wouldn't it be better if they depend directly on 2.7, using:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python2.7

This would enforce the usage of the specific version 2.7. This could be a
problem for _really_ old installations (e.g. containing only 2.6).
I guess, there is no incentive to change the shebang, since this would not offer
any significant improvement (at least I am not aware of any).

Just in case you are thinking about a possible confusion with python3: at least
for Debian /usr/bin/python will refer to python2.x for a very long time.
See here for a short summary of this discussion:
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2018/07/msg00040.html

Cheers,
Lars