[moin-user] Installing Language Packages

Peter Olsen pcolsen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:58:39 EST 2018

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I’ve been unable to install my language package.  I’ve installed the HelpOnSessions file by hand, but that’s not a feasible solution for all 185 packages.

The problem presents itself when the “all_pages” cell in the lower right hand corner of the table isn’t a link.  It is plain text.  I’ve looked at the raw source for the page and found that the table content for that cell is '''{{{all_pages}}}’’’.  I don’t know what to do with that, so it’s leading me nowhere.

I’ve included these lines in my wikiconfig.py

superuser = [u"PeterOlsen",]
page_front_page='PeterOlsen'
print("Read wikiconfig.py”)

My page_front_page is “PeterOlsen” and I seeing the output from the print statement, which leads me to believe that I’m a superuser, but I’m still unable to use the “all_pages” cell.

When I attempt to run packages.py so I can install the packages directly, I get

ImportError: No module named MoinMoin

I’ve tried to write my own analog to packages.py, but it hasn’t worked out.  (Part of the problem may be that I’m not correctly reverse engineering the file schema of 1.9.8)

My PYTHONPATH is

Peters-MacBook-Pro:moin-1.9.10 pcolsen$ pwd
/Users/pcolsen/Dropbox/Peter_Olsen_Wiki/moin-1.9.10
Peters-MacBook-Pro:moin-1.9.10 pcolsen$ PYTHONPATH=`pwd`
Peters-MacBook-Pro:moin-1.9.10 pcolsen$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/Users/pcolsen/Dropbox/Peter_Olsen_Wiki/moin-1.9.10
Peters-MacBook-Pro:moin-1.9.10 pcolsen$

Both wikiserver.py and wikiconfig.py are in this directory and I’m launching the server from this directory.

I’d appreciate any help I can get.