[moin-user] "ListPages: Ausführung fehlgeschlagen [too many values to unpack] (siehe auch die Log-Datei)"

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Sun Oct 1 06:58:27 EDT 2017

Hello Volker,

Am Sat, 30 Sep 2017 16:56:59 +0200
schrieb Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de>:

> Does anyone know, what that "too many values to unpack" message means? It
> doesn't occur in the MoinMoin source code (all .py files). To me this looks
> like it is an exception generated by python.

correct.

Consider the following code:

  a, b = [1, 2, 3]

Here the iterable on the right side contains more items than the set
of target variables on the left side.
A similar ValueError exception ("not enough values to unpack") is raised for
the oppsite problematic situation.

Probably the macro call parser in munin does not check its input in a way that
would allow to emit error messages that point at the specific source of the
problem.

Cheers,
Lars