[moin-user] MoinMoin very slow

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Nov 1 16:49:49 EDT 2017

On Wednesday 1. November 2017 21.02.47 Volker Wysk wrote:

> My MoinMoin has become very slow. It takes some 30 seconds to save a (long)
> page.
>
> It's just one user (me).
>
> It doesn't make a difference if i'ts the text editor or the GUI.
>
> Any hints?

The show_timings setting might provide some more detail about where Moin is
spending its time:

https://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration#style

Other than that, some kind of idea of the environment Moin is operating in
might be useful...

Publicly accessible or inaccessible?
Lots of processes on the machine or only a few?
Local or network filesystem?
Nameserver usage: are the Web server and Moin doing reverse DNS lookups?

Try show_timings first of all, though.

Paul