[moin-user] Punctuation in titles

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 08:08:55 EDT 2017

On Friday 11. August 2017 10.48.32 you wrote:
> That is what it should be doing, but I seem to have a bug in my MoinMoin
> installation. If I try to create [[This is a test page]], this gets
> converted to This%20is%20a%20test%20page
> and then to
> This(25)20is(25)20a(25)20test(25)20page
>
> Any idea what's doing that? If I can fix that, I think everything will be
> OK.

Looks like a double-encoding problem to me. Somehow, the page name, which is
passed in via the URL, is not getting decoded to produce the name with spaces
in it. Then, the quoteWikinameFS function is doing its work on the %-encoded
string rather than the actual page name.

I've copied the list in my reply because someone else might have an immediate
solution to this, whereas I would need to look at the code.

Paul