[Moin-user] migrate to new server.

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:15:17 EDT 2015

On 13.10.2015 13:56, Alex Vazquez wrote:
> Hi all.

Hi Alex

> I have to migrate a wiki (Moin 1.5.7) to another machine (Moin 1.9.8
> and ubuntu server 14.04(64bits))

ok,

> Can I just create a new wiki instance and copy the directories data
> and underlay?

may be read this

https://moinmo.in/HowTo/Migrate%20from%201.5%20to%201.6

> I have other problem. I try created a  wiki instance. I have created a
> new directory in /usr/local/share/moin and i copy data, underlay,
> wikiconfig.py and moin.cgi. Later I add the next line int
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf:
>
> ScriptAlias /mywiki "/usr/local/share/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi"
>
> but don't work and when I access show me the code of file moin.cgi

We suggest to use wsgi. Have a look into the repository or into the
ubuntu documentation

http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/file/01e4a21a5d1d/wiki/server/moin.wsgi

The first lines of that file have in comments everything you need in
your apache site description file

usually you create one for your wikisite and enable it by a2ensite

We can also may be help on irc

cheers
Reimar