[Moin-user] Permissions for New Account page

Barry Demchak idekerlab.bdemchak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:58:18 EDT 2015

Hi, Paul --

Thanks for the excellent response.

In going through all of the options and issues you present, I think I'm
likely lucky to have exactly the configuration I do -- which is that to get
an ID, a new user has to know someone who already has an ID. It could well
be that our wiki was set up this way on purpose precisely to circumvent
spammers and DoS attacks. If that's the case, the major failing is in our
own documentation about how to get an ID, which I can easily correct (and
have!).

Thanks for your treatment of all of the options ... I'll hold onto your
reply in case we ever want to mix things up.

As for changing from Confluence to Moin Moin, it's a fun idea and I
appreciate your pointing it out. The Confluence instance you're referring to
is essentially static. The group that owns it hasn't produced much in the
last 2-3 years, so it probably wouldn't be useful to address this.

That said, I'm very happy to consider Moin Moin for new uses ...
particularly based on the product documentation and your great reply.

Have a great week!