[Moin-user] Moin moin on OSX Yosemite

Darren Spruell phatbuckett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:44:05 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Christoph Sens-Schönfelder
<chris at gfz-potsdam.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I was happily using MoinX 1.0.3 on my mac. Now I upgraded it to Yosemite and
> I get the attached page whatever I try to load.
>

> Is there any newer mac-version around that I could use?

MoinX maintainer says:

"MoinX is no longer actively maintained since the author no longer
uses the software. I suggest you go for the MoinMoin Desktop Edition
which runs nicely on OS X. The added benifit is that upgrading later
to a dedicated server is really trivial (2009-03-12)."
- http://moinx.antbear.org/

Try: https://moinmo.in/DesktopEdition

Also, kind of weird that your exception screenshot showed you using a
legacy Python environment on Yosemite. Yosemite ships with Python 2.7
but your interpreter was the 2.6 environment...

$ /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
 -V
Python 2.6.9

$ python -V
Python 2.7.9

Unless you have special factors, you probably want to use the default
2.7 environment.

--
Darren Spruell
phatbuckett at gmail.com