[Moin-user] unable to save changes intermittently

Shah Shafiullah sshafiullah at gadventures.com
Tue Dec 30 15:58:32 EST 2014

Hi,

I have setup moin version 1.9.7 on a ubuntu 14.04 system with both apache 2.2.22 and nginx 1.6.2-1.

Sometimes when I attempt to save a page I have been working on, the browser is taken to the #preview page and the Connection was reset page appears. This happens intermittently and sometimes I am able to save work on the page after waiting for a while (hours or days).

The nginx/apache2/uwsgi logs do not seem to register any issues. I have made sure there is no firewall active and that the moin wiki directory has the right permissions and ownership: www-data

Any ideas why this might be happening?

import sys, os
sys.path.insert(0, '/srv/www/moin/pythonenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/')
sys.path.insert(0, '/srv/www/moin/wiki/')
# a) Configuration of Python's code search path
#    If you already have set up the PYTHONPATH environment variable for the
#    stuff you see below, you don't need to do a1) and a2).

# a1) Path of the directory where the MoinMoin code package is located.
#     Needed if you installed with --prefix=PREFIX or you didn't use setup.py.
#sys.path.insert(0, 'PREFIX/lib/python2.3/site-packages')

# a2) Path of the directory where wikiconfig.py / farmconfig.py is located.
#     See wiki/config/... for some sample config files.
#sys.path.insert(0, '/path/to/wikiconfigdir')
#sys.path.insert(0, '/path/to/farmconfigdir')

# b) Configuration of moin's logging
#    If you have set up MOINLOGGINGCONF environment variable, you don't need this!
#    You also don't need this if you are happy with the builtin defaults.
#    See wiki/config/logging/... for some sample config files.
#from MoinMoin import log
#log.load_config('/path/to/logging_configuration_file')

from MoinMoin.web.serving import make_application

# Creating the WSGI application
# use shared=True to have moin serve the builtin static docs
# use shared=False to not have moin serve static docs
# use shared='/my/path/to/htdocs' to serve static docs from that path
application = make_application(shared=True)

Best Regards,

Shah