[Moin-user] Problems after Debian upgrade

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed May 22 09:48:18 EDT 2013

MoinMoin, :)

> Hi all, I got some problems on a MoinMoin 1.97 instance running on a
> Debian box recently upgraded from sqeeze to wheezy.

For every python upgrade, you need to run moin --config-dir=...
--wiki-url=http://... maint cleancache for each of your wikis.

Run the command using the same user as the moin process owner.

> I installed MoinMoin some weeks before the upgrade following the great
> guide on the official website and everything worked like a charm, all
> problems started since the upgrade.

python went from 2.6 to 2.7.

> - mod_wsgi/3.3
> - mod_python/3.3.1

BTW, you never should load mod_wsgi (needed by moin) and mod_python
(needed by what?) at the same time.

In fact, you should not use mod_python at all any more. It's dead and
smells strangely since quite a while.

> [Tue May 21 23:06:27 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.200] ImportError:
> No module named MoinMoin.web.serving

For that part, see the other reponse on this list.

> --- apache configuration
> WSGIScriptAlias /wiki   /usr/local/share/moin/moin.wsgi
> WSGIDaemonProcess moin user=apache group=apache processes=5 threads=10
> maximum-requests=1000 umask=0007

You could use another user/group here, then you have moin stuff
separated from other apache stuff. Using moin.moin is even worth it just
for the lols. :D

Cheers,

Thomas