[Moin-user] Static file server not working

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Fri Jun 28 05:37:09 EDT 2013

> I try to install moinmoin 1.9.7 at my hosted webspace (domainfactory
> MyHome Plus) using the moin.cgi script. However, the static file server
> does not seem to work since the wiki pages are not layed out correctly
> (only text).
> I already adapted url_prefix_static in wikiconfig.py. I cannot use
> Alias. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you use cgi, you should somehow directly use the main web server
(e.g. apache2) to serve the static files.

While it is technically possible to serve the static files with moin
using cgi, this is extremly slow (compared to the method above).

So I suggest you find out how to serve static files within your hosting
package, put the moin static files somewhere in there and adjust
url_prefix_static so moin generates matching URLs for that.

Moin's static files are found in MoinMoin/web/static/htdocs/* - copy all
you find there to a directory moin_static_197/ below your documentroot.