[Moin-user] Farmwiki configuration in Windows

Allan Terry aterry at lavoltapress.com
Sun Feb 3 01:12:46 EST 2013

I am trying to install a Moin 1.9.6 wikifarm on my Windows 7 box for
personal use.  I got the single wiki using the built-in web server going
just fine.  I am now trying to expand that to several wikis. I think I
am close, but missing one concept.  I get from the request, thru
farmwiki, to the ScrumWiki.py, but not to individual pages.
   The first one I am trying set up, I want to access via
localhost:8080/ScrumWiki
   My wikis = [     ("scrumwiki",
r"^http://localhost:8080/ScrumWiki/.*$"),  ]

If I go to http://localhost:8080/ScrumWiki,  the URL is not found. Fair
enough.
If I visit http://localhost:8080/ScrumWiki/FooBar
    it get what looks like an unformatted wiki page, I assume it is a
MissingPage page
    If I use its link to create a page, I get Foo(2f)Bar under \pages
    and I can't visit that.  if I copy a page from the old wikiconfig.py
wiki into \pages, it isn't found either.

I wanted to use the built in web server for simplicity.  I set
PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH already.   The docs looks like if this were
apache, I'd need to mess with its configuration file, and possibly with
moin.wsgi.  What and were are the equivalents for the built-in server?
(for that matter, what is the built-in even called?  I wanted to move
the pages out of Program Files\Moin but I assume I need to give rights
to the directory to some Moin process or user.)

If I really can't use the built-in for a farm, I'll probably try to use
tomcat 7.  I assume that is wsgi.

thanks, Allan