[Moin-user] Moin performance desastrous

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Tue Dec 17 05:55:46 EST 2013

> As the Moin sources in MoinMoin.util.filesys say, this is needed for stat,
> rmdir and mkdir on win32, but I couldn't find any explanation of it or any
> experiences others have had.

I added that (slightly silly) wrapper code long ago because it simply
did not work without on windows.

I never found out why, except that the root cause is NOT a virus
scanner, NOR windows search file indexing. I had both deinstalled /
disabled and it still happened.

> If you could perhaps instrument the failure with
> some kind of call to see if another process has the file open - maybe Windows
> even thinks that the same Moin process still has the file open - using the
> equivalent to the Unix fuser command (or looking in the /proc filesystem),
> then we might get a better idea of what is going on.

Yeah, that might be interesting. If any windows developer could help
here, that would be very much appreciated.