[Moin-user] Wiki migration and synchronization

Bob Jackson bobj at soc.duke.edu
Wed Jul 11 10:44:47 EDT 2012

This issue pertains to Moinmoin 1.9.3.

I have a wiki that I maintain on a standalone basis that needs to migrate
into a wiki farm on our web server.  This farm is supporting other wikis
fine.  Both standalone and the web server environments are using version
1.9.3.

I did the setup for this wiki in the farm environment and used rsync to
transfer the data directory from the standalone location into the farm
location.  The web server is also running 1.9.3.

As I now try to access pages on the web server, the browser reports the
following for any existing page:

===================================
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
===================================

The server log reports:

Premature end of script headers: moin.wsgi

The wiki itself is functional.  For example, when I create a test page it
displays a standard screen from which I am able to login and do the edits
to create and save the test page.  Recent changes can be viewed, including
the history of edits for pages created or modified in the standalone
environment, but all of those pages produce the error described above when
accessed.

I then discovered that I can search for any existing page by keyword and
then display it.  If I make a tiny edit (such add a space somewhere) and
save, it becomes viewable henceforth.

Can anyone explain what is happening here and how I might avoid having to
search for and modify each page?  Is rsync an appropriate way to transfer
the data directory?  Ultimately I would like to be able to continue to
maintain sync'ed standalone and networked versions of this wiki.

Thanks.

Bob Jackson
IT Manager
Department of Sociology