[Moin-user] Diffs sent by e-mail, fancy diffs...

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jul 3 12:46:50 EDT 2012

Hi Shérab,

> I'm wondering what the fancy diff feature does.

IIRC it is displaying 2 column html diffs (yellow/green) instead of a
simple text diff (like on the console).

> I enabled it but the
> diffs I receive by e-mail when a page is changed are just the plain old
> diffs.

IIRC, it is only on the web.

We do not send html emails, just text.

> I'm currently using moin to work on a book.
> The paragraphs are not formatted, meaning that a paragraph is just one
> very long line.

Well, the diff is just using the text data as you entered it. If you
just enter all text in one line, diff will see that as one line. If
that's a problem, you could hit ENTER now and then, do hard format the
paragraph in the wiki markup text. The output will still be a single
paragraph (it only splits paragraphs if you hit ENTER 2 times).

> So wen I receive diffs, it is practically impossible for
> me to figure out where the changes have occurred.

Isn't there also a URL (link) in the email, so you could just view the
fancy diff on the web, it should be better visible there.

Cheers,

Thomas