[Moin-user] Wiki restore - 1.5.8 to 1.8.5

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sat Dec 29 10:16:47 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 12:23 +0200, Lighton Phiri wrote:
> I am working with version 1.8.5 and would like to restore wiki data
> from an older version --1.5.8.  I came across this [1] page but it
> hasn't been very helpful.

You shouldn't run 1.8.x, it is not maintained any more and has known
issues. Soon there will be a new 1.9.6 release that fixes severe
security issues.

> What steps do I have to take to move data from the older version to
> the newer one?

Read docs/update.html (in our download archive).

> Can I just move the data directory?

No, you should always run the migration scripts.

> Can I just restore pages without restoring users?

The mig scripts always deal with pages (and attachments) AND users.

> [1] http://static.moinmo.in/m2/html/admin/backup.html

That is moin2 related stuff, it does not apply to moin 1.x.x.