[Moin-user] Cleaning Cache on WSGI Installation

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sun Nov 20 10:21:40 EST 2011

> As described on
> http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs/ExceptionRaisedAtPageLoading, this seems
> like a known upgrading "inconvenience" solved by cleaning the data
> cache, so I tried to use the "moin ... maint cleancache" command line.

Yes.

> I tried various --config-dir and/or --wiki-url values instead of
> "...", but I still get the following behavior:
>         INFO MoinMoin.config.multiconfig:93 using farm
>         config: /etc/moin/farmconfig.pyc

You have to check whether it is using the correct configs.

>         MoinMoin.error.ConfigurationError:
>         data_dir "/org/mywiki/data" does not exist, or has incorrect
>         ownership or permissions.

Also, it is a good idea to run the "moin" command as same user as
usually is used to run the moin process. So, in case your wsgi process
is being run as www-data user, you maybe should also use that user to
run the moin command, just to avoid permission issues.

> All command line examples I find seem to be for CGI setups, but I am
> using the WSGI setup (one apache sites-enabled file for each wiki). I
> do not remember using the farmconfig facility.

Debian (and likely also Ubuntu) by default put a farm configuration
into /etc/moin/.

If that is not the config you are using, you must make sure moin finds
the one you are using (using --config-dir=...).